American Autowire Classic Update Series wiring systems power up your classic ride! Modifying your classic with modern amenities is beyond the capabilities of OE wiring. American Autowire Classic Update Series wiring harnesses let you keep the classic looks and enjoy power accessories like air conditioning, windows, and fuel injection. Kits are year/make/model-specific for a professional fit and are offered in over 25 different applications. Modifying your classic has never been easier! Upgrade your classic and musclecars with American Autowire kits!
Classic Update Series feature:
* Longer length wire allows for stock or custom routing
* ATO-style fuse panel and more circuits
* Full color schematics and instructions
* Ignition, headlight, and dimmer switches (most kits)
* Upgraded 8-gauge wire for alternator, fuse link protection, gauge cluster options, and disconnect
* Pre-wired fuse panel mounts in the stock location
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker
- Original Ford styled headlight switch connector.
- Headlight enhancement relays allow for high-powered halogen headlights.
- Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps
- Replacement ignition switch for use with original bezel and tumbler
- Original Style ignition switch connector
- Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO Fusebox fits the the left of the original bulkhead pass thru opening and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
- Harness allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
- All required hardware supplied.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns.
- Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for adapting to a stock 1969 Ford Mustang steering column.
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a separate “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes JME ENTERPRISES, AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead wires with proper focal length sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided and mounts in the stock location
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters.
You will need to re-use existing Wiper harness plugs.
Using a 1 wire alternator is recommended.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Custom Mustangs users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.